With its pebble convex lens, the Studio Beam automated luminaries feature extremely high-output color mixing, a large zoom range, intense beam shaping and an electronic strobe in a compact housing. The features earn the Studio Beam a unique niche in lighting design. Using a short-arc lamp and a patented combination elliptical/spherical reflector and aspheric lens system, the Studio Beam produces output levels normally expected from much larger units.
What is Pebble Convex: The traditional plano-convex lens system is similar to a Fresnel in construction,, but it produces a beam similar to an unfocused ellipsoidal. The pebble convex lens used in Studio Beam features a diffusion pattern (pebbling) on the rear surface of the lens for enhanced performance. This produces a well-defined soft edge beam without light spill.
- High light output-over 20,000 total lumens
- CMY Color Mixing
- Broad zoom range from 15* – 30* Field Angle
- Compact unit – less than half of the size of compareable fixtures
- 540* Pan and 287* tilt
- Rotatable Beam Shaping
- Seamless, variable frost
- Smooth full-field dimming
- Electronic strobe
- Light Burst
- On-board programming and playback
- Three additional discrete dictroic colors including true UV Black-Light
- Macro channel for effect generation
- Selectable audio modulation